The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday April 6, 2006 at 05:40
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
I'd consider a third option as well, the Sony DVP-CX985V. This model is still available for purchase online. B&H for instance has new units available for around $250. Unless you are set on having the HDMI and upconversion I'd suggest purchasing a 985 over the 995. The fact that the 995 will start playing the last disc selected in the changer everytime the unit powers up is a deal breaker for me. It's a complete joke. Do you really want to deal with that if you don't have to? The 985 offers a solution to this. As long as you stop a given disc where it can resume playback from that given point the changer will not start playing the disc automatically when powering down the changer, then powering it back up again. It just sits at the resume point. It's an effortless and full proof work around. As for the 777, I don't consider the added cost over the 985 worth it. I've been very pleased with the picture quality of my 985's over component video, and don't need the RS-232 control. My Philips ProntoProNG TSU7000 handles DVD management beautifully. If interested, you can read up on my DVD management interface for the TSU7000 here.

Last edited by Lowpro on April 6, 2006 11:01.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse