Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday July 13, 2001 at 11:35
jimbo
Historic Forum Post
I have tried both a 6-button & 8-button KPL (in same location), from 2 separate shipments from Bill, but am getting a similar problem with both - wanted to check if anybody had any thoughts.

The problem only seems to be with toggled buttons. I am using a couple of the KPL buttons to toggle on/off some scenes (PCS dimmers & switches) and a flourescent PCS switch. I program the buttons as specified with a maxi controller using the code + Bright (e.g. F1 + Bright) - this toggles the button between F1 On & F1 Off on subsequent pushes. The button works fine at first.

However, at some point (I have not been able to consistently replicate), the toggled buttons seem to lose the programming - the button start to send dim commands instead of just an on or off (I checked with a HomeSeer log).

I have re-programmed several time, reset to factory settings and started over, programmed on an isolated circuit, etc. But it still seems to be happening.

I think the circuit it is on the same circuit as my TV, amp, etc., but the various X10 devices in myhouse are working fine otherwise, so I don't think noise is the problem.

I also have a two-year-old who loves to push the buttons, but I have not been able to "reprogram" by mimic-ing his multi-button pushes.

Any thoughts before I exchange for simpler push-buttons? My last test will be to try in another location, but I'm not too hopeful..

Hosting Services by ipHouse