The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Wednesday April 12, 2006 at 21:41
gfxstar
Long Time Member
March 2006
I have no complaints with the Sony CX995. It's my first MegaChanger type of device (I've been watching them for some time), it's also the the one device where I could justify the expense.

I paid $284 at Amazon with $30 rebate. (Need I say more, I bought the Samsung upconversion single DVP with my plasma for $199 and took it back after I bought the Sony)

At first I read all of the issues that many here had with the player and to be frank I started regretting the purchase (don't you just hate it when that happens), but then my buddy turned me on to the Harmony 679 which changed all that (I bought a Harmony 880 afterwards).

Here's the link with the details [Link: remotecentral.com] .

At this point I don't even use the Sony Disc Explorer. It's easier for me to look up the movie on the remote and have the remote do all the work to load the disk. It's turn key right now for me and my family to play a DVD from our library.

For less than $300 with all the features... This is win win. Unless you got the swank that is, then it's a whole different ballgame.

I hope this helps.
"Even a broken clock is right 2x a day." Just limit yourself to 2 timely answers a day... I already exceeded my quota.

Hosting Services by ipHouse