The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Friday August 1, 2003 at 12:11
Bill E.
Founding Member
July 2001
I would not go with Leviton, they used to be OK other than they had proprietary scene communications. They’re new in house products I hear are not performing all that reliably. I know their HC series of couplers have made our sales of ACT couplers (to HC owners) very good.

If you want reliability, use PCS or SwitchLinc switches with the PCS having a slight edge on the linc's. Always use a couple repeater at least an CR230, or the better CR234. Also do a noise survey and filter all noise sources and check for and record signal strength on all circuits before leaving the house. We do this on our installs and do some very high-end homes with only a very rare call back. For all your filter and coupler needs you really can't beat ACT. For plug in modules, there really aren’t any outstanding ones, but most are acceptable in reliability. The Ocelot is a very good choice for a reliable stand-alone controller. The CM11A is also not that bad for limited use.

Don't be afraid of X10, it works extremely well as a reasonable cost lighting control system.

Bill
www.homeautomationnet.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse