The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday May 1, 2003 at 21:24
Bill E.
Founding Member
July 2001
Got a reply, looks like a cool feature with the right hardware. I think I will have a talk with AppDig to see if they might be willing to support it. This is what SH had to say:

"I you are using a smart controller ie HouseLinc, Stargate and others that can receive PLC Commands, you can set up special scenes or command groups that will do different things.

For instance in Joe's house he is using a Stargate and when he walks into his Masterbedroom he has a 2 way dimmer 2380. when he turns it on it transmits it's address D1 ON this triggers a scene in other lamplincs and Dimmers in the room to set a lighting scene. If he double taps it, it sends D1 ON D1 ON Now the fun begins....

The smart controller has a scene that is programmed to listen to the powerline that says ....

IF it sees PLC d1 on d1on command THEN turn on the stereo in that room IR CODE #$% to AMP #1 and set it to Satellite input IR CODE XYZ tune it to the early 70's music station IR CODE $%^ turn on the speakers in that room PLC COMMAND H2 ON and turn on the disco ball D5 ON IF it is Saturday night between sundown and midnight."

Bill
www.homeautomationnet.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse