Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday August 17, 2003 at 15:36
Blade9123
Long Time Member
August 2003

Hi,

I am having a weird problem with my X10. Ok Here goes.

If I plug the RR501 into one plug, I can operate my curio cabinet lights (on, off and dim). If I plug the RR501 into some other plug in the house (really varies), I cannot get the curio cabinet to respond at all. I thought it was a phase problem, but I do not think so. Read on....

I currently have my front projector plugged into a 3-pin appliance module and I can control it (on and off) with the RR501 in certain plugs and from some plugs I can only turn it on, but NOT off and off but NOT on. Weird. In some plugs I cannot turn the projector on or off at all.

Does this sound like noise or is it that the X10 signal is not strong enough. My home is roughly 3300 square feet complete. Since I do not have an electric dryer or stove, I cannot try that test, but my dad (who is an electrician) did connect a 220V heater directly to the panel dryer breaker and we powered it on. It made no difference whatsoever with the 220V heater on.

So I do not think I have a phase problem. Could it be a noise or signal strength problem. I do not know what it is. I need the experts to lend me a hand.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this. Also, I would like to know (based on your thoughts), where I might be able to purchase the products I need to fix the problem.

If it is a noise or signal problem, I would like to install one device, preferrably at the panel to do the entire house.

Also, I live in Canada.

Thanks
Bob

This message was edited by Blade9123 on 08/17/03 15:55.

Hosting Services by ipHouse