Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Thursday August 18, 2005 at 09:32
DingoAce10
Long Time Member
July 2003
Hi DrJoe..Thanks again..
OK, went home last night and tried something...I have a "pull cord light" over my washer and dryer that has an outlet built into the base of it. I know it is on the same circuit because I had to use that to program the primary addresses before we installed the new plug...
Plugged the IR543 into it and it controlled the lights beautifully!!!! But it is in my laundry room...not a place I want to put my IR543 :-) So I know I don't have a faulty IR543.

ok, now to answer your questions:
1) All regular switches(2380w). No plug ins.

2) I have no idea how to find out if it is "true" RF...It does have an antenna...THis is the one that we have...Maybe you know:
[Link: amazon.com]

-Yes the wheel is correct. Only have "A" house code in my basement
-The device numbers go from 1 to 11 right now(8-11 are scenes)
-I do have a pronto TSU3000 and as I said, when it worked it worked just great(all devices).

I will definitely check again on the baby monitor, cause when the IR543 worked last night(plugged into the laundry room plug), the baby monitior was not on.

Ok, if I find that it works fine with and without the baby monitor on, then I am assuming that it has something to do with the surge protector that is on the same plug where I want to put the IR543.
I can't take that surge protector out, cause I want my tv and a couple of components on a ciruit that doesn't have a lot on it already...I have plenty of plugs down there, but all of the rest are hooked together, which run my other components and is on the same circuit as my dining room(I know wierd setup, but that is how they wired it)...The dining room is where my window AC is...So that is taking a lot of power to run...

So if I buy a coupler, will it help send the signal if I plug my IR543 into one of the other plugs in the basement?

Thanks again!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse