The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Sunday September 12, 1999 at 23:27
David B.
Historic Forum Post
Robert,

In my city, cable lines are overhead. It's ugly, I agree. I'm going to appreciate it when they come to replace it with an OPTICAL cable: No trench in the yard. I have both Cable and DSS at my house. The Cable goes right into my TV and workd with my TV's tuner. The DSS needs it's own "BOX" and custom remote. I haven't had to adjust my DSS dish either, but I DID have to get up on the roof and into the attic to install it. It snows 30-40 inches every winter here, and I've seen neighbors on their roofs after a storm cleaning off their dish. Mine will see it's first winter in a few months, but I've placed it where I can "sweep" it from the deck. The Cable jacks were nicely installed in every room of this house when I got here. Hasslefree. My Cable company offers digital TV and a FAST 2-way network connection thru my existing cable if I want it. DSS offers a fast ONE-WAY network connection...If I buy a different dish.

There are benefits to both technologies. It is clear, however, that cable is far from dead. Janet, You're wrong. I have great respect for anyone who is brave enough to speak up. Most people aren't. But put your words out there and you invite feedback. I do. Thanks for yours, Robert.

Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse