The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Friday October 22, 1999 at 02:45
John Chao
Historic Forum Post
To all,
DVD's are all 480p natively. the new progressive scan dvd players will be out next week!!! as for a difference in the 3 types of video connections, the reason we chose SVideo and component video is because our standard NTSC (the standard video transmission that we're all used to since 1931) really sucks!! Its based on technology that was devised over 68 years ago!! Composite signals carry all color and brigtness/contrast signals in one smeared cable. The tv that you own has a filter that must separate the color and the brigtness/contrast. No matter how much you spent on your tv ($8k, $10k, $20k, the color decoder in that tv sucks!!!) SVideo, separates these two aspects of video inside one cable, but at the tv, it still has to pass through that NTSC decoder (2D, 3line, 3D, 3DYC, sound familiar to you all???) but it has an easier time to separate the color and brigtness/contrast. Component, on the other hand, completely bypasses the crappy filter in your tv and goes directly (well, almost) to the guts and out onto your screen. As for cables, you guys think monster cable is expensive?? try takin a look at companies such as Cardas, MIT, Kimber Kable check their prices out first, after you wake up from shock, run to the local moster cable dealer and pick up the good stuff.. As you guys probably figured by now, i do a lot of testing of equipment, and as some of you might of figured out.. i work for Sound Advice, a mid-high end audio chain in FL. Having a relatively high-end system (all this stuff bought before i started working there), it's easy to decipher the differences in what cables can do.. well, if you have a basic dvd and tv, no you won't justify spending $200 on cables to connect them just to see a picture!! you will see a difference, but the equipment is not up to par with the cables!! When makin an audio/video system purchase, factor in about 15-20 of your budget for better cables and surge/line conditioners. Remember all: Your system will only look and sound as good as the cables that you connect it with!!!!!!!!!
leave me an email for more info!!

John

Hosting Services by ipHouse