Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday November 11, 1999 at 08:46
Dennis
Historic Forum Post
Thanks, Ed. My SP is an Intermatic? purchased at Home Depot. It has both a surge and ground indicator which are continuosly lit. When I first installed it, the ground indicator was not lit, leading me to perform a polarity test. I found this to be reversed which I immedietly corrected. I can't put my hands on the warranty, but I think it may have been as high as $50K. I'm not really interested in the $ value of the protection, just want to be assured that my system won't burn up due to an electrical surge from lightning, etc. I live in a fairly hilly, closely populated area, and my home is the highest on my street. At my electric meter, there is a 1/2 inch (or more) copper rod hammered into the ground. (put there by the cable company years ago) This is grounded to the electrical meter box. In addition, I have a ground wire, maybe 8 or 10 ga, connected to the water supply (city) line and my DBS antenna is grounded to that. Is this sufficient, overdone or incorrect? Any info would help. Will be away for about a week, so thanks in advance. Dennis

Hosting Services by ipHouse