The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday September 12, 2001 at 22:43
rschaaf
Founding Member
September 2001
I too have this problem. I have a Sony HD 57 wide screen which in their infinite wisdom they only give you one component progressive input. So if you have a HD-100 Sat receiver(their high def clunker) and a progressive DVD player, it makes for a lot of cable switch. I am about to try a DVDO external line doubler to try to accomplish my solution. It takes in a component input(in this case my progressive DVD player, an S-video(in this case my Sony t-60 intergrated sat/tivo unit) and also has room for a composite input(in this case a VCR or possibly my third sat receiver(an RCA-480). It then has a VGA output which I can run into a VGA to BNC cable and from thence to BNC to rca adapters then into the second component input(no progressive) on my Sony. It would then give me line doubling for these device far above what Sony's phony DRC gives you and would let me select the device that is outputed the TV from the DVDO. Roundabout, but when dealing with a lame duck TV set, your choices are limited.

I have also sent extron.com for pricing info on their switch. Probably as expensive as the used DVDO that I am getting. I cannot run a audio receiver for switching as I have the Bose Lifestyle 50(another story here)for audio and it offers no component switching. What can I expect for 3,500.00 dollars anyway.

give me an email at rschaaf@home.com if you have any comments as I do not get into this section often.

Hosting Services by ipHouse