The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday December 20, 2001 at 11:57
Thinkly
Founding Member
November 2001
Thanks again for the great info. So, if I understand correctly,I can have the mains set to large and the sub can still receive an LFE signal? All other bass frequencies below the receiver cutoff will be handled by the mains regardless of which channel we are talking about? For example if my receiver has a cutoff of 100hz than all frequencies below (not a brick wall) that frequency will be sent to the mains. Conversely if I have the mains set to normal than "all" frequencies below the cutoff will be routed to the sub along with the LFE ( LFE is a brick wall)? This leads to my next question....How does the sub crossover effect this distribution. I will suppose that it does not effect the LFE at all? I will also suppose that if my sub is set at 60 hz that only frequencies (again not a brick wall)60 and below will go to the sub. What happens if the mains are set to normal in this case? Will the high passed frequencies from the sub be redirected back to the mains, or are they lost? Also does a reciever's cut off frequency vary if the bass management is changed from large to small or vice-versa?

Hosting Services by ipHouse