Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday December 20, 2001 at 11:20
Dougofthenorth
Founding Member
November 2001
Bruce; We meet again ol' chap.
1) In NOT disagreeing with you. I would say it would be dependent on what range the LFE encompasses. I have found in my case that how the LFE is directed & also the use of speaker size selection, creates a GREAT difference!
My best setting is LARGE & BOTH. Otherwise I notice a drop in the centre front "presence" & a Bass "hole in the middle, between R&L. Further, as I have seen offered on other threads there seems to be an advantage to having subs R & L to address the different channel's bass.
Therefore, with the Yam having the option of 3 LFE settings: Main/SW/Both, in chosing BOTH, I can then practically set all the rest of the speakers to LARGE & use the EQ settings to exclude frequencies (for other than the SW) below the lowest freq. response which each of the the speakers specs say they can handle efficiently? (or Mid or Hi for that matter.)
Comments?
2)[re your THX setup: I have come across several recommendations that in your case, optimum would be for you to use the small setting & send all the LFE to the SW(s) Which again brings us to the "A" vs "B" types of speakers. Mine are not "A's" like yours.]

Dougofthenorth

This message was edited by Dougofthenorth on 12/20/01 11:56.41.

Hosting Services by ipHouse