The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday December 15, 2001 at 18:23
Dougofthenorth
Founding Member
November 2001
I now have hooked up my DVD to the Yam using an Optical cable. I played a Suberbit DTS/Dolby DVD however I have no rear centre sound? I did the test tone & it comes through load & clear in ALL speakers.
I made sure the rear centre is enabled in ALL settings. I tried a CD throught the DVD player - no centre rear. I definitely WAS getting rear centre sound in analog, before I went to optical out.
I tried all the other modes & DSP settings - no rear centre. I researced the net & found: "After some use 1 or more channels will drop out and as I have read here this has been the case of some dis-satisfaction. The reason for this is faulty pre-out switches in the unit and they need to be replaced (under warranty). Yamaha knew of the problem, continued to ship the units, did not do a voluntary recall and neglected to inform most of their dealers and customers causing a lot of heartache. If anyone has a unit that suddenly drops a channel take a single RCA lead and insert it a couple of times into all of the pre-outs on the back of the unit and normal function will resume. This is where the handy onboard speaker test mode comes in to play.
Any one that is going to buy one of these units you MUST ask if the pre-out switches have been modified." I myself thought I might have this bug & tried reading the manual to solve - as I had suddenly lost my centre rear - but I happened to find a button on the remote (that for some strange reason the manual neglects to point out)that toggles on or off the 6.1 Dolby & DTS.
Somehow going from analog to digital defaulted it to OFF.
Dougofthenorth (proceeding on the learning curve)

This message was edited by Dougofthenorth on 12/15/01 21:44.24.

Hosting Services by ipHouse