The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Wednesday December 19, 2001 at 10:24
Thinkly
Founding Member
November 2001
Shouldn't I calibrate it with Cinema EQ on? If I calibrate it with Cinema EQ off and then switch it on and go back and check the 5 channel matching, than I find my center and surrounds are way off. They are off as much as 5-10 db each. I can match all of the five channels in Cinema EQ but not the sub. It seems like it is like this.... I can either have the five channels matched or I can have the sub matched or I can have everything matched and turn the Cinema EQ off. It just lacks a lot of the punch that it has with Cinema EQ on. I am trying to contact Kenwood and get a more thorough explantation of what Cinema EQ should be used for. It is almost like I wish it wasn't ever thought of. If it wasn't on my receiver I most surely wouldn't miss it and everything would be calibrated correctly. However, now that I have heard it, I like it. All would be well if I could just get the sub matched. It seems a little boomy in this mode but it seems very 'drab' with it off. With it off there is like no mid range and little bass. I have tried to raise the level of my other channels and simply reduce the overall volume, but I can never catch the bass tone on the Avia disc. For example if I raise my left front to +10 db than my bass tone seems to rise proportionatly. One last question. When using the sub matching software provided by Avia. What specifically is on each tone? More specifically what is on the bass tone? I know that this has already been addressed here but I still am not clear. On the bass tone is there bass from only the specific channel being tested and is the LFE also present? Or is this only LFE? I think this would be a lot easier to understand if it weren't for the way that Cinema EQ effects my setup and subsequent tests.

Hosting Services by ipHouse