The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Thursday December 13, 2001 at 11:29
Larry Fine
Loyal Member
August 2001
Think, yes, that's what I mean. If you boost the other channels for a match, but then reduce the overall volume by the same 10 dB, you will be back at the desired level while having the match you're trying for.

By relative, I mean that the matching at any level is more important than attempting to hit a specific dB rating.

Referring to the last few of posts, I meant to check that you have the sub output IN THE RECEIVER'S BASS MGT. turned on. Unless I'm mistaken (hey, it could happen! :-)), the test tone for the sub channel should only come out of the sub output, and not be heard at all when the sub ITSELF is turned off.

About the speaker settings in bass management:

With the sub output on, the LFE track (.1) should only be heard through the sub, period.

Any speaker set to 'large' should have its entire range played through that speaker, bass and all.

Any speaker set to 'small' should have its bass redirected to the sub, UNLESS the sub out is set to 'off', in which case the bass from that channel AND the LFE track will be redirected to, in this order, the mains, the center, or the rears. (some may try mains, rears, center)

If there is NO sub, and ALL speakers are set to 'small', the LFE track and the rest of the bass will not be reproduced at all.

My point is: If you're getting the LFE's test tone through the mains, it sounds like the sub output is being sent to the mains instead.

Larry
www.fineelectricco.com

This message was edited by Larry Fine on 12/13/01 11:30.33.

Hosting Services by ipHouse