If you temporarily set
the main speakers to Normal/THX the left main
should only get the higher test tone and the subwoofer
should only get the lower tone.

I'd be interested in
knowing whether the "high freq" test tone is the
same level as the tone they use to initially balance
the main speaker levels.

Great info, everyone. Bruce, I am aobut 95% sure that I did experiment with setting the mains to normal and I still had a HEAVY bass tone coming out of the mains. I need to play around with it more to be sure. I am a little uncertain on the way my receiver handles LFE. The manual states that if the mains are set to Large, than there will be no signal sent to the subwoofer. I can understand that fine. It then goes on to say that if you have the recever in the Cinema EQ mode (which I do because the sound is MUCH more dynamic)than the subwoofer will receive a signal. What are they doing here? Also as for the second quote above, the high freq test level does fall in right around the 75 db level on my front left. That is what I calibrated all of the others to as well. I guess the thing I am a little fuzzy on is the role of the subwoofer in my system. Supposedly if I set the mains to normal than the sub will receive all of the LFE. I am not certain that is taking place with my receiver. (I will investigate again) I am quite positive that it doesn't do that because I can toggle between normal and large and I notice no difference while using the test tone or watching a movie. I will assume that the sub will handle the lfe for all other channels as well, regardless of the Large or Normal setting on the mains. I now have the sub backed off as far as possible, from when I was trying to match the bass signal to the higher signal. Maybe it won't matter anyway if my mains are set to Large or I guess in my case it will never matter because apparently my receiver is sending LFE to the mains regardless. At least the Avia CD using the sub match application goes that way.

Hosting Services by ipHouse