The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday December 11, 2001 at 12:28
Thinkly
Founding Member
November 2001
I am having trouble figuring out how to set my sub level as per the instructions on the Avia CD. I am able to set all of the other 5 channels fine at 75 db. The test for setting the subwoofer, puts out a test tone for both the individual channel and the subwoofer and it alternates back and forth so you can match the two. It says you only need to match it to the first tone, which is the front left, since I only have one subwoofer. I can never get the db level low enough on the sub to match the front level. Tlowest I can get it is around 85db and this is with the sub set at -10db on my receiver. ( the lowest setting) I can even turn it off and the woofers in my mains are around 85 db and they are not adjustable. What gives here? I know many on here say to set the sub to 85 db. Why does Avia say to set match it to the mains? Also doing a frequency sweep shows that my front right doesn't have the peak db readings that my fron left has. What can I do to improve this. At around 72hz my front left peaks out at around 95db at the same frequency my front left is closer to 80 db.

Hosting Services by ipHouse