The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Sunday December 23, 2001 at 05:14
Bruce Burson
Founding Member
October 2001
I see I messed up again on the clarity of what I wanted to write, sorry.

Old, I'm using the TV to watch cable because when I first got to Germany I didn't have a multi-system VCR. The only channels I get in English are CNN and CNBC, and all channels are PAL. I don't have any interest in taping those channels or the French, German and Turkish programming on the other channels.

For most people there is no reason not to run the cable through the VCR as you do. I suggested the "direct to TV" option to Pablo as a way to let his family watch TV without having to turn on the whole HT rig. Actually, a splitter to both VCR and TV would work here, too.

Matt, I don't use both TV and center signals at the same time. The center signal only comes out when the TV is set to the AVInput1, and the full signal only when the TV tuner is watching the cable. I admit that both the mains and the TV are carrying the L & R when watching the cable, but as I mentioned in the previous post I don't hear anything objectionable on those rare occasions I send the cable to the HT. I think CNN (PAL) is a mono signal anyway, and that's about all I usually watch.

Regards, -Bruce
Never confuse your career with your life.

Hosting Services by ipHouse