The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday December 23, 2001 at 08:48
Dougofthenorth
Founding Member
November 2001
Dom; Check out the thread in "Installer's" forum for a lot of great info (note golden room dimensions).
[Link: remotecentral.com]
I posted a question about the INSIDE of the room, as I also, will be building in the future. RE: Book shelves; Wy not build them into the walls or make cabinets? you could close up the doors, (glass would be aesthetic) & have them "disappear" & solve your problem, and have the best of both worlds. Further, would not cabinets keep dust off the books & make your house easier to keep clean!! Bye the way being that you will be building the house in the future you have the luxury of being able to build the room acoustically ISOLATED as opposed to the MUCH inferior INSOLATED method. I.E. staggered floor joists & wall studs, (both set on dampening material)-bass. Parasonic channel & board, use of sound NOT thermal insulating bats etc etc.For example using a steel exterior foam-insulated door(s)(2 different materials steel & foam = 2 sound transmittal problems solved!) from the HT room to the adjacent room(s) instead of interior doors pays off in spades! The use of acoustical caulking & poly vapor barriers on INSIDE adjacent walls, sealing the back of all adjoining wall electrical outlet boxes (remember sound travels through air!)-upper mid & treble.
The cost & effort by the way are NEGLIGIBLE - the end result is stellar!!
Dougofthenorth

This message was edited by Dougofthenorth on 12/23/01 10:04.49.

Hosting Services by ipHouse