Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday December 20, 2001 at 09:02
Dougofthenorth
Founding Member
November 2001
Bruce;
Since you are such a great guy I'll share a secret? (depends if you saw my post I put last nite before I deleted it) I responded that I was going to give you
the specs on Ultra2 but my "in the know" buddy had told me he would give me the !!THXII !! specs which would get you ready ahead of time & would address your Ultra2 concerns as it (THXII) was backward compatable! (heh heh) BUT I woke up this am & thought this type of "joking around" may not respect the tone of the discussions & focus on helping each other - so I deleted it. (heh heh) I thought it was pretty funny though!!! - thought I would share !!
RE: Select2 I will bet my Yam on the ever changing,
never stopping upgrade game. (by the way in computerland SCSI now has a ULTRA2 mode as well)
Select2 - hah! you ain't even close to where it's going! "many a word said in jest comes to pass" THXII -I'll bet my Yam on that to! Hopefully I'll lose it & then I can get an upgradeable A/V recv'r!!(heh heh)
RE: "timbral" matching - one of the high end makers has a proprietary built in circuit that compensates for the sound reflected off the TV screen!!
FLASH FORWARD IN TIME: Each person entering the room to listen to your HT setup is acoustically fingerprinted & you key in the sitting position of that person. The higher end ULTRA2 versions of the setup would have an AUTO SENSE to allow for the wife leaving the room to go for a pee. As customers have been complaining about sound & ambiance loss when pets enter & leave the room, the Vetenarian Association will be encoding information into the subcutaneous PET FIND chip to allow the A/V recvr's to AUTO SENSE pet movements.
REALITY: A thought; I know that one can "balance" a speaker configuration with the use of an equalizer & a microphone connected to an oscilliscope & using formulas (& Larry's Maculator?) to allow for room dynamics. Would it not then be technically possible to have the Recv'r generate a series of require test tones & have those sensed by reading the fluctuations in voltage/amperage to each speaker caused by the "acoustical pressure" acting on each speaker? Thus auto-balancing the acoustics to the required/desired parameters? I bet it comes down to a $ factor only.
Dougofthenorth (obviously felt frisky last nite!)

This message was edited by Dougofthenorth on 12/20/01 09:41.00.

Hosting Services by ipHouse