The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Wednesday December 26, 2001 at 08:56
Dougofthenorth
Founding Member
November 2001
Steve; Apology not needed, as I didn't take offense, but thanks for your concern, & sensitivity.
RE: "highly customized" I have learned of late it appears that other than an "untweekable" Pre/pro/recvr (if any are still being made!) all of the current setups require "highly customized" installations- n'est pas?. I went to your link & that was self evident! - nice setup!
When I refer to 10.2 I mean discrete with regards to SOURCES. Since the only presently available format is 5.1 (except for a FEW commercial 6.1 film sources) I was rather commenting on the next step seems to be 10.2 & this was the final end result of quite a few posts here lately (mine included) looking for concrete proof & postings (done mostly in humour) as to where we are heading. It also included the DPLII DTS Neo6 et al!.
RE: RX-V1 [the Yam (sweet potatoe)]
- nice recvr good choice! (bias- MOI?)
I would rather call it (I think I finaly got this right) 5.1, with the following Matrixed: 6.1, 7.1 with xtra Rear centre, 8.1 with xtra Front & Rear centres. (+2) for the Yam proprietary Front effects & add an xtra sub & voila - 8.2(+2). add 2 front subs as well 8.4(+2).
(Credits to Mike Riley for the (+2)& sweet potatoe, Larry, Matt, & Bruce for the rest.)
As for length of time for 10.2? I wouldn't have a clue myself. but given the speed of current tech ...
Thanks again Steve & hope you & family are having a good one!
Dougofthenorth

This message was edited by Dougofthenorth on 12/26/01 11:04.07.

Hosting Services by ipHouse