The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday December 26, 2001 at 06:59
Steve13
Founding Member
May 2001
On 12/25/01 23:22.56, Dougofthenorth said...
Steve; If you had read the link & updated your
own old info you would see it has gone beyond
the TEST phase. 3 have been already built & more
planned.

Doug-
Sorry you felt the need to get defensive about your post. My reply wasn't intended to evoke that type of response.

FYI, I HAD ready the link, and I HAD updated my info. If you would have read my post, you would have seen that I mentioned not only tests, but also "highly customized" installations, which is what Tom has done in his 3 installs.

My point was this is a long way from being any sort of accepted standard, and maybe even further away from being easy to purchase for the more typical consumer. My current receiver is a Yamaha RX-V1. It is marketed as 8.1. It adds a center rear surround, and two front effect speakers to achieve the 8.1 "rating". So 10.2 isn't that far fetched.

So, if you felt I was attacking your original post, I'm sorry. However, in my opinion, 10.2 isn't really big news,just a logical progression. With the availability of DSP chips that can be programmed to do just about anything with the sound, anything can (and probably will) be done. Remember though, more isn't necessarily better. :)

Hosting Services by ipHouse