The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday December 23, 2001 at 09:35
Dougofthenorth
Founding Member
November 2001
After reading through the WEALTH of information I found in David Griesinger's papers at
[Link: world.std.com] escpecially the ones
... how many loundspeakers ...October AES conference &
Surround: The Current Technological Situation wherein he mentions discussions with Mr. THX (10 or eleven speakers is it - hint on Dolby "X"?)
I was wondering about the logic of the following:
Centre rear is the (for now) the matrixed difference between the left & the right rear. (same idea as the Dynaco/Haffler circuit!-difference technologies) Would not the logic for a right & left side mid channel (between the front & rear be then the difference between the front & rear left channel for the left side speaker & the difference between the front & rear right for the right side speaker! This could only be “matrixed” for now but would add an effect the same as the DPLI 4.1 did for R&L rear except it would be stereo not mono.
[I lost the thread on something Larry does & runs through an "old" prologic decoder for 2 speakers - for rear?] (speaking of Larry anyone seen him around here lately? - I'm going to need his input on this one)
If my above logic is correct how would I extract the information - as in what equipment would I need to use & how would it need to be hooked up?
Dougofthenorth

Hosting Services by ipHouse