The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday December 24, 2001 at 01:12
Mark Trusty
Founding Member
December 2001
i had i big party last night that included some bad karaoke, to make a long story short i can't get any sound from my high range tweeters in either of my exl:26 floorstanding speakers, i get perfect sound from the center channel (also energy), and my sub is working fine, i checked my reciever with a old pair of infinty's and they sound fine as well, so i have pretty much narrowed it down to the 2 floorstanding energy's (exl:26), the problem is identical with both speakers. here is some background on the hook up from last night, i had a cheep karaoke machine hooked to my tv via rca cables (yellow video) L R ect. my tv is connected to my reciever via the same type cables (monster cables), we played the karaoke music in stereo all night and it sounded pretty good, and a few times some of the guys cranked the volume pretty loud and i heard some reverb or distrotion, anyways when i woke up this mourning i put in a music cd in my dvd player which only has a digital connection and now i am getting zero from my tweeters ,doesnt matter what dsp setting, dd,dts nothing seemed to fix it , my only guess is there is some kind of fuse or switch that i blew last night during karaoke nightmare.

please help

mark

Hosting Services by ipHouse