Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Wednesday December 26, 2001 at 13:25
gill
Founding Member
December 2001
A.J.-
As the owner of the Acoustic Research HC6 set, they come with major accolades. Especially if you do your homework...

The setup is a complete 5.1 system: 4 compact satellites (5.5 lbs each), the center channel (9.3 lbs), and the LFE (Sub). High gloss black finish (like a piano). MSRP is $799 for the entire system, however, they sell (on the web, anyway) for $499. With a little more digging, however, they can be had for $399 (if you need more info, email me).

Read Tom Miiller's review in the Perfect Vision...

I literally bought them sight unseen (based on the review - the folks at The PV really are good) simply because the price was so outrageously inexpensive. I knew that I could sell them if I didn't like them. As it turns out, they are a PERFECT match for my Denon AVR-2802. My HT setup does not have a lot of space for larger speakers (my room is 12'X 15'). With the money I saved I bought a couple different models of adjustable height speaker stands (by Furniture Works - the RC1 for the rears and the AH300 for the fronts)

Now if I could only figure out how to program my Denon remote for my TV I'd be all set!

Good Luck!

Hosting Services by ipHouse