The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Saturday February 9, 2002 at 15:35
Mike Riley
Founding Member
May 2001
Brett: can you let me have your "archaic Pentium P5", please? Next time your History teacher is around, tell him you were only kidding when you called the new a P IIII instead of a P IV.

But seriously, folks: Brett, knowing your abiding passion for quality sound, I have to recommend two items (other than trying the Logitech cordless mouse and keyboard, which are both comfortable and extremely functional, apart from having anice new charcoal grey colour): ONE - get the Sound Blaster Audigy card. The difference in quality between the Live and Audigy is like... like... having your ears cleaned out after 50 years. It's the first time since sound cards were introduced that I can truly say "Now, that's impressive". Plus, if you get the Platinum, you get IEEE input and a front-panel input box that takes midi, optical in and out, line feeds, and more. And a "remote control" (that's why we're here , isn't it?!)

TWO - The absolute finest PC speakers ever conceived and manufactured are the Klipsch 5.1s (until the 7.1s come out!). I am not kidding here. Remember your first pair of living room speakers? Recall what they would sound like compared to what you are using now? That is how much better the Klipsch are than anything else out there.

You know I wouldn't kid or toot some favoritism horn. This is the real deal. ... Mike

This message was edited by Mike Riley on 02/09/02 15:38.03.

Hosting Services by ipHouse