The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday February 21, 2002 at 19:37
Matt
Founding Member
August 2001
I think your a bit confused in your terminology...

Bi-pole is not Bi-wiring. I think you are talking about Bi-wiring in the section where you say "When I was going to bi-pole" Then yes, you can do that, if your speakers have two pairs of binding posts, simply remove the link and run two sets of wire from the same amplifier output. I've never really heard much of a difference doing it this way, but possibly a bit more power handling.

Well, you can wire any speaker you want out of phase and it will not blow any fuse anywhere. You are simply making the cone move in the 'opposite' direction as it should. It's an AC source so your just changing the direction of the motor.

I believe in the instructions for the FXi there are directions on how to wire these speakers Bi-polar or Di-polar (not Bi-wire....Bi-polar and Di-polar are wiring methods for making the speakers in phase or out of phase with each other, normally there are two sets of drivers in speakers like this, one pair facing the opposite direction of the other). Check it out, I don't think you have to open up the speaker to do this. Come to think of it, I think there is a switch on the back of them.

Hope this helped.

Hosting Services by ipHouse