Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Thursday February 21, 2002 at 20:59
jrolmstd
Founding Member
February 2002
Hello People.

As I read through these postings , I am again reminded of the fact that we seem to be truly unified in our dislike of this blight that has infected our beloved TV land. None of us seem impressed with the stations use of modern broadcasting techniques but I still do not see a plan of action.

Initially I had hopped that we would have some recourse with our respective governments but that has not proven to be true. We seem to be at the mercy of these licensed advertisement delivery systems, unless your under the age of 12. Our only hope is to get them to see the error of their ways.

In an earlier post, I said it would be like peeing in the wind to send individual emails to the stations and I still believe that is true. Could we however, use email in a more unified approach to express our displeasure in the banner policies. What about a centralized email distribution point. Could we create a list of email address for contacting all the stations (maybe our goverment representatives as well)?

We could then set up a web site where a person could compose a single email and have it mailed to each site with a single send command. Does anyone have any experience with this type of thing? Anyone see any legal problems with this approach? Do you think it could work? If not, what do you suggest we do instead?

Please do not suggest changing the channel, there are just too many of them using this technique and not enough channels to go around...

-JRO

Hosting Services by ipHouse