The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Friday February 15, 2002 at 19:07
jrolmstd
Founding Member
February 2002
I agree completely Phil about changing the channel, but when ALL the channels are do this to one degree or another it makes it hard to justify that $70.00 dish bill if I do not watch anything. Guess I could switch to 100% DVD viewing but no, they are now inserting commercials that you can not skip past.

It seems like the same people that are overly paranoid about their intellectual copy rights have no problems stealing from our personal time or the quality of our viewing experience.

I am now starting to think what we need is a technology tool to fight their techno terrorism. Something that could inspect a video signal for a predefined set of images (logo trash) and remove it from the feed in real time. It would be interesting to know if these intrusions into our reception is "layered" or if it replaces the original signal. If it's layered, then I would think it could be peeled away much like peeling an onion.

With the explosion of HTPC (PCs for Home Theater) I would not think this is beyond the realm possibilities. A nice user interface where a person could import logo images (think pronto) to update the system with and we would be ready to go.

This could be a killer app....

JRO

I stand corrected...

This message was edited by jrolmstd on 02/16/02 01:03.19.

Hosting Services by ipHouse