The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Wednesday February 13, 2002 at 22:26
jrolmstd
Founding Member
February 2002
You are right in your observation Anthony that things are getting worse not better. That's what finally got me to start this thread. The Canadian issues also brings out a good point. We truly are diversified in what we see on television.

Like many others, I was assuming that my TV shows are being broadcast from somewhere out in Gumbyland US of A. Obviously, this may or may not be the case. The notion that other countries allow station identification in the form of these obnoxious banner ads would seem to complicate things somewhat... Could our home countries dictate to broadcasters of other nations on the use of banner ads? It would seem they do just that in other issues. For example, things that get past one countries censers, can be edited or banded in another country.

Mike, thanks for the offer to follow up on the Canadian issues. It will be interesting to see what you find out.

We have a number of posts now supporting the idea that this flagrant misuse of our television real estate needs to change, but no real course of action. I personally like the idea of some type of internet petition and then trying to bring Internet traffic to it (posts on other message boards for example). Would someone like to take a stab at a rough draft of how it should be composed? If so please post it, and ask for feedback. Lets see what can be worked out. We also still need some feed back on who controls advertising in the US. Someone out there must know....

Thanks again to all who have posted or at least read the thread....

JRO

Hosting Services by ipHouse