The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday March 16, 2002 at 08:37
Jeff406
Founding Member
August 2001
I recently installed a Bose Lifestyle system and a Bose Built invisible distribution system that ties into the Lifestyle system and a seperate standalone Bose CD 20 unit in the master bedroom. I just happens that the equipment is Bose and is not relevant to Bose in general.

Anyway, I had a loud hum on the system and after troubleshooting I found that it was coming from the RCA connections to the TV. Well I went even further and found that it is actually coming from the cable from the wall. I can have the entire system hooked up (TV included) and there is a loud hum, but if I disconnect the Cable connection from the TV it completely goes away.

I called the cable company and someone I talked to had experience with this and said the building (10 story condo) has grounding problems and the cable and electrical ground and not right and a ground loop is occuring (which is what I had already known). He suggested trying to connect the shields of the cables to a common ground and that actually helped tremendously but there is still enough hum left to make it annoying.

Bose recommended using ground loop isolators, but where can you get something like this.

Has anyone had this experience?

My questions are:
Where do you get the isolators?

I would assume you would isolate the cable signal or would I isolate the RCA's coming from the TV?

Let me know what you know.
Jeff

Hosting Services by ipHouse