The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday April 15, 2002 at 23:50
ECHOSLOB
Founding Member
February 2002
Well I spent a lot more then $700 on drapes. I had them custom made with a light blocker material on the backside that faces my french doors. In the middle of the day the room is black with the drapes closed. I imagine you could get drapes made a lot cheaper. Go to an outlet and find material you like then get the light blocker and have them sewn for you. Then you just need the hardware to hang them. A lot of times cheap solutions look just like that though. This is going to be in the middle of your home so you have to think about how it looks as well as blocking out light. The drapery people can make swags and jabois (sp) and make nice weighted pleats when they sew them. Unfortunately this is very labor intensive and very expensive but I think gives the best looks. My ex wife made the original drapes as she was a decorator but not a drapery maker. She did this to save money and to be honest they looked like $hit. The pro's were able to pleat and weight those as well add the blocker for $1500. LOL That was just one set. I couldn't believe they were the same drapes. They really were worth the money. Good luck!!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse