Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday September 30, 2004 at 11:49
JoeT
No Longer Registered
I'll agree that BB isn't the perfect place for buying equipment, but they do offer some good listening options for people looking for reasonably priced systems. There are many higher end options, but some of us can't afford to drop that much coin...

I used BB to pick out my system. I got a Yamaha HTR4550 receiver and a set of JBL speakers. Total cost was about $1500. I think JBL makes excellent speakers for the price. I listened at BB and then scoured the internet for the best price on each component. The BB near me has a listening room where you can try different configurations side by side.

Some people recommend matching the surround speakers, but I listen to music on my system, so I opted for 2 large front speakers, and 2 smaller bookcase speakers for the rear. Since most of the sound for TV/movies comes from the front channel, I'd suggest a 3-way speaker instead of a 2-way speaker. I had a pair of JBL's side by side, and the 3-way made a huge difference. The last piece is the subwoofer. Take a look at the 10" from JBL.

Just my opinion, but I'd spend the most money on the fronts, and go for the 3-way center channel. The rear speakers can be much smaller.

Hosting Services by ipHouse