Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Monday October 25, 2004 at 15:38
djy
RC Moderator
August 2001
Steve,

Don't let 'em grind you down. As my somewhat tongue-in-cheek post intimated, I too (quite unintentionally . . . mostly) have fallen foul of a few people on the forum - e.g. JJ Bugsy in this thread [Link: remotecentral.com] .

Fortunately, in this instance, it was easily remedied; JJ apparently being blissfully unaware that Mike (eeper, as he is know) and I have been firm friends for a few years now; ever since I assisted in the programming of his Pronto. However, there have been times, Mr T for instance, where in hindsight I think it would have been better had I kept my mouth shut.

My experience suggests that if someone, for whatever reason, takes against you there is little one can do to rectify the problem. One can write the most humble and grovelling apology, but as the "body language" aspect is missing, it is merely viewed as sarcasm (there truly are none so blind as those who do not wish to see). In instances such as this, I think, as tempting as it may be to defend oneself, it's best to bite ones tongue and leave alone.

David

PS
I see no reason not to offer you work, but alas I cannot help. I'm not in the business . . . and on the wrong side of the pond.

This message was edited by djy on 10/25/04 15:44 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse