Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday October 25, 2004 at 05:54
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Dear Buster of Cables,
When I first saw your post regarding employment, I thought I should keep you in mind. I mentioned to a co-worker that someone had posted about employment on remotecentral, and he responded, "Oh, but he is in Orange County." I had not noticed the phone number; it looks like you are in or near Anaheim.

At any rate, that discouraged me from considering calling you, but now that I have seen a major portion of your current oeuvre here at remotecentral, which includes the above highly deserved post from Daniel, I am totally relaxed about it. I would not hire you if you knew four times what you say you know.

You seem to have jumped into this site and immediately gone for someone's throat. That doesn't seem like a good approach for a person seeking work! You should have just hung out here for a few months, offering suggestions here and there from your self-proclaimed store of wisdom (for which you have not yet offered yet any proof). The, with some experience and a reputation here, you could lash out at the occasional idiotic thing that all of us, beginners especially, do from time to time.

The last guy I knew who jumped into a situation and started acting like he knew what should be done, instead of hanging out and going with the flow for a while, took a twenty year old A/V chain with about $20 million in annual sales and ran it out of business in a little less than two years.

Change! It's not too late! Don't be a guy who can just spoil things! (Because, among other things, it doesn't pay too well.)
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse