Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Saturday October 2, 2004 at 23:09
fireball05
Long Time Member
October 2004
Thanks for the quick replies guys.

Let me clarify a few things:

I am only talking about TV sound. I do not need/want the DVD sound to be played through the TV speakers.

Piker is correct in the way the Sony TV audio outputs work. Right now I have the L/R audio outs of the TV connected to the back of the receiver. When I want to listen to sound through the AVR I have to go through the TV menu to turn the TV speakers off. And vice versa when I want to listen to sound through the TVs speakers again.

Note that I can set the audio output to variable (through the TV audio menu) but I believe this is not the right way to do things.

I would like to find a way to avoid this. To have the TV sound always playing through the TVs speakers. When I want to listen to TV sound through the AVR speakers, I would like it to either automatically turn off the TVs speakers or just play overtop the TVs speakers and I could turn the TVs speaker volume down or mute it.

Hopefully that makes things a bit more clear. Perhaps there isn't a way to do this, but I would hope there is since right now it is quite a hassle to flip through the menus all the time. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse