The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday November 12, 2004 at 20:27
G82u
Lurking Member
November 2004
I need to buy another SONY RM-U306 remote. It works my SONY STR-K740P (HT-DDW740) a/v Digital audio system, which is supurb!

I have bought piles of remotes (up to $50 bucks) and none of them work all my components.

My system "is not" unusual. Have 1) DirTV Hughes HD receiver - 1) Panasonic 53" HD-TV- 1) Panasonic DVD player- 1) Toshiba HiFi VHS- 1) Sony 51CD Player- 1) Sony STR-K740P a/v surround audio receiver system. Have just added a Magnavox mrv640 DVD Recorder. (Plus other non-remote descrete audio comnonents).

That totals (6) principle components + (1) DVDRecorder (accessory use extra). All are good "Name Brand" products. Yet, I still can not find (1) programable remote that will operate all (6) of them!!???!! This is insane!

Now we can't find the Sony oem Audio system remote nor a replacement!?! HELP!

Electronic technology of a decade ago is hardly recognized today... that is accept for "remote controls" which still use the same basic chips and work, (just as clunky to program), as they were 15 years ago. The only major difference is that they are now a lot more expensive... for what?

Any idea's ?

Hosting Services by ipHouse