Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday November 19, 2004 at 18:58
Rich A
Lurking Member
October 2004
Hi,
Well I've just about given up trying to teach my Harmony Remote just a few of the keypad keys on the Airboard wireless IR PC Keyboard. Long story short .. it's got some crazy key IR sending and supposedly not condusive to working with IR learning remotes.

So, I'm hoping someone out there might suggest any "other" wireless IR Keyboard that I can try. I have an HTPC, A/V amp, ReplayTV, 2 TVs, 2 tape recorders, and a DVD player that are now very nicely controlled with my one Harmony remote.

Unfortunately there is a program on the HTPC that will ONLY work with keyboard input and/or it's own dedicated RF based remote. I DON'T want to add a 2nd remote after having just replaced 8 or 9. All I need to learn from the IR keyboard are the up/down, left/right arrows and (Enter) and (Esc)

I know just about all the latest wireless Keyboards are now RF .. but I was hoping to find either an old IR KB or even an IR numeric keypad. I'm not opposed to buying the stupid thing just to use to teach my learning remote. Sigh ..
Rich

Hosting Services by ipHouse