Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Monday November 22, 2004 at 02:33
RTI Installer
March 2002
Oops, well then I guess the RTI K4 is just a figment of my imagination
[Link: rticorp.com]

Its not that I don’t think that AMX is all that cool, its just that only 1 in 15 customers I run into are really even interested in spending that kind of money on the larger systems. Further I am voicing an insiders opinion of what I know is coming down the road real soon, Bi directional, IP addressable and all.

The new stuff is getting powerful really fast from an integrators standpoint. Franks needs for example could easily be handled with just a T2+ and an RP-6, no sweat for less than $1500.00 in parts. Does he need bi-directional communication??? I think he just wants to watch his HD Tivo without any hassles. If he wants something more elaborate he could wait a couple of months and get a K4. So lets talk reality---how much would it cost Frank to get into an AMX system? If frank can afford it and wants to go that direction, then hey you will be happy and I am sure Frank will be happy. But if frank cannot afford such a setup what is he left with, which way should he go. I think Frank already answered this question when he said, “I like to work with and set-up the system myself”.
Never Ignore the Obvious -- H. David Gray

Hosting Services by ipHouse