Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday October 25, 2004 at 16:21
barlow
September 2004
I had heard the stories about the short life of Plasma displays and almost believed them. until I read about an airport that has been using them for years without much degradation in picture quality.

Recently I asked a employee of CCity about why I was seeing larger and larger LCD TV's upwards of 32 inches when a person could get a nice 42 inch Plasma HD instead.

He told me that LCD's will continue to increase in size because they are much more reliable than Plasmas. He says LCD TV's will last for a very long time but you can not expect more than about 5 years out of a Plasma before you start having trouble.

Is he referring to Plasmas made years ago that may not have had all the bugs worked out of them ?

In addition a coworker told me that a Bar Restaurant he frequents has several Plasmas and two of them are displaying a problem at the top of the screen where the cells are dying and turning a green color. He thinks it is gravity related but that was just a guess. ANd not from dropping the display !!!

So my question is "Is there anyone that has owned a Plasma for a long time and had any problems with picture quality ?"

Thanks DOn B

Hosting Services by ipHouse