The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday December 24, 2004 at 17:41
sitdown
Long Time Member
August 2004
I am about to mount my LCD TV/ Monitor to the wall and figured it was worthwhile to run this by some pros on this forum to make sure I wasn't screwing anything up first.

Here is what I am planning on doing.
1 S-video cable from my DVD player to the screen
3 component cables for my HDTV cable box. (I don't have it yet and need to get Time Warmer to bring it over. I am in NYC)
1 VGA cable to my computer
1 composite input: Not sure for what yet but I thought I might as well as long as I am running wires through the wall. Can I use this for Picture in Pisture off one cable box?
Suggestions? Any chance of getting PinP with one cable box?
No sound to the TCV as I am using my amp and wired surround sound for this. (Will I regret not running this wire later?)
I have a spare component input (3 inputs on the TV) that I don't have a plan for and am not going to wire. Is this a mistake?

Here is where I am having trouble- Should I run these cables to a faceplate on the wall or run them straight to the components? I heard from some folks that I would be much better off running these straight from the LCD screen to the components. Your thoughts would be appreciated here.

Any suggestions on how to elegantly covering the edge of the holes near the mounting arm? I have seen some neat looking plastic things but really don't really know what they are called?

Thanks alot in advance and Happy Holidays!!!
-jg

This message was edited by sitdown on 12/24/04 18:02 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse