The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday December 29, 2004 at 03:16
rmk700rmk
Long Time Member
November 2004
Have an install almost at completion untill the customer shows up and decides he wants all the gear in some other location. It has a crawl space and I have plenty of wire to get me to the crawl space where I have to splice to continue the runs to the rear of the room. Was going to run a cat 5 line from the present location ( under the 50" plasma ) to the new location at the back of the room. What I/R system do you recommend and will I be able to control the Dish Satellite Receiver? I know I/R into a blaster ie. Xantech should work for all the components just not sure about the Sat being RF. Lord knows with my luck lately he will be able to control everything while he's sitting down and have to get up, walk around the room and point the remote at the sat box to change stations then walk back to his sofa to watch TV again. I do NOT need this to happen so I am calling for suggestions to everyone. Or will this even be a problem being RF? I know for an all-in-one remote they will have to purchase a mx-800 from me that has RF functions built into it. Many thank you's for everyones' response.

Hosting Services by ipHouse