Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Monday November 29, 2004 at 02:20
RTI Installer
March 2002
On 11/17/04 11:55 ET, Spiky said...
Don't think so. The low-trauling, $1900 SVS SS
can only get to 10-12Hz and is probably only capable
of about 100db peaks in most rooms at that point.
But then, the Parthenon costs $5000-8000 just
for the drive system, you still have to get an
amp. It's a little out of range for most people.

There is a website showing a large sub built into
a floor. I don't seem to have a link for it....

I really don’t think you want a sub to go down to 10 cycles, otherwise you might have an unpleasant experience with military level haptics, meaning, you could loose control of your lower digestive tract. Some of the hi end subs I have dealt with over the last 25 or so years, have had a filter included preventing the sub from going that far down.

I sell several of the name brand subs mentioned above, id say for the money, I would buy the Earthquake.

If you just plain want to kill yourself try the BassMax [Link: bassmaxx.com] very amazing fidelity for a professional product, they usually win most of the live sub shootouts.

Funny testimonial

“Never have I heard a better impact. Never EVER. It goes LOW and hits EXTREMELY HARD. The (two) BASSMAXX cabs blew my clothes back, and I was standing 45-50 feet away. Listening to either a bass guitar or an upright bass on the BASSMAXX was a sweet, sweet experience. You could hear and feel the different notes as they were being played rather than that one note that shakes the house down when the player hits it. These BASSMAXX boxes have the extension to get down there and give you a visceral colon cleaning. I think the BASSMAXX sounds great, especially when compared to other available subwoofers. Them subs ROCK!
Josh Millward”
Never Ignore the Obvious -- H. David Gray

Hosting Services by ipHouse