The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Tuesday February 1, 2005 at 22:37
mapatton
Long Time Member
January 2005
John and all, thanks for your replies. I contacted Harmony. After talking and emailing them I decided against them as they could not offer how I could have 2 different watch TC activities with different sound options. Also to have full ability with my DVR, they said I would need to wait for their next product due in Spring/Summer.

From there it was MX700 vs Pronto TSU 3000. Wasn't certain how I could label the Macros in easy English for the family. A call to company didn't provide much insight as the labels are limited in characters.

Was leaning slightly towards the TSU 3000 and determined to do more research.

I was discussing my GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) with a co worker. Another co worker entered the office and picks up on the conversation. All of a sudden she says "You're talking about the remote we have. I hated using our stuff until we got that. Now you only push 1 button and there it is, and I don't even have to remember what button it is because it says "Watch DVD", Watch TV, Watch TV with Surround, or "Listen to CD", etc. It even turns things off and on and all the switching stuff. I Love it!

Needless to say I am curious about what specific remote she is really talking about. Well it turns out is was a gift she bought for her husband and knows the details. It was a TSU 3000.

I just ordered my TSU-3000. It may not be the ultimate right choice, but it is a good choice at this time I feel with my current understanding of what I need, what I want, and what my preferences are (which right now between hard vs soft button is neutral).

Yes I did get the charging docking station for it as well. The charging docking station is a refurb off of Philips site for $36. (A few beans saved)

Already downloaded the software and some configs to play with.

Many Thanks to all
Mark
Sony XBR5 / Pioneer Elite VSX-94THX / Panasonic DMP-BD30 / Toshiba HD-35A / Pioneer Elite DV-48AV / SqueezeBox 3 / SA 8300HD / all with a Pronto TSU7000

Hosting Services by ipHouse