The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday February 7, 2005 at 22:39
madler11
Long Time Member
January 2005
Thanks for the responses... So, the pricing information I had was apparently inaccurate. The CX985V can be had for $299 and the CX777ES is $549. I found better prices on both units since my original post.

To respond to a few of the questions:
Are you one to replace your equipment down the road to get something newer? I don't find myself switching components in and out too often. I guess that would depend more on new technology coming out that makes enough of a difference to warrant replacing.

Will you ever use the RS-232 port? Not at this time but I am just getting into all of the controls now so it is a possibility at some point. However, I wouldn't buy the better model exclusively for the RS-232 port.

Do you have lots of money and don't know what to do with it? Nope, sorry :)

Do you have a nice HDTV display or plan to buy one soon? I have the Sony KV-40XBR800. Works pretty well for me...

I guess the bottom line is to figure out if 4 extra years of warranty, RS-232 Control Port, better shielding, and (((video quality ** audio quality))) is worth $250. The key is, are the video quality and the audio quality significantly better?

Thanks again,
- Matt

Hosting Services by ipHouse