The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday February 9, 2005 at 08:41
tideman76
Lurking Member
February 2005
Hello all, I have been a longtime reader of this forum, but finally registered, so here is my first post. Everything I have learned from here has been incredibly useful.

I recently acquired the Comcast 2-tuner DVR box with associated remote control. The only components I have left in my rack are the Integra DTR-7 receiver, DVD player, and TV. I would like to use the Comcast remote to control everything but the DVD player (there are only 3 devices on the comcast remote. For ease of use for the other people in the house, I need one remote for normal TV watching. When I watch a movie, I can use the integra remote to control DVD player and receiver. I need the comcast remote to control volume and power on the receiver. The volume portion is working fine. Yet the power is not. The comast remote has a single button for power on/power off. The integra has an on button, and a standby button.

The comcast remote will turn the receiver on, but not turn it off. I believe this is becuse of the discrete codes that integra uses for on and off. Is there a way to force the comcast remote to do this or to force the receiver to accept the signal from the comcast remote?

Sorry to ramble, if I have left out pertinent details please inform me and I will clarify. If this the wrong forum to post, please move.
Thanks, Kev

Hosting Services by ipHouse