The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday February 24, 2005 at 05:40
RCushman
Long Time Member
February 2005
Ok - seems like a dilema others might have so thought I throw this out for the masters:

* I have a Yamaha HTR-5590 Receiver. It has two Speaker areas (I.E. Speaker set "A" and Speaker set "B"). I also have a sub-woofer plugged into the, well, subwoofer output.

* Speaker set "A" is really a 5.1 system that provides sound to my TV room. It is the entertainment center speakers, as it were. Speaker set "B" is really two sets of speakers in the living room and dining room.

So, basically, when I am watching TV, I turn on Speaker A only. When I am in the living room/dining room and want to listen to music, I turn on Speaker B only. Make sense?

Ok, here is the rub: How do I make the Subwoofer ONLY come on when Speaker "A" is selected? The subwoofer is active no matter which Speaker set I have on. The problem is, when I have Speaker "B" on (I.E. I am listening to music in the living room), I can hear the woofer pounding over in the TV room. Rather than having to manually switch the woofer OFF everytime I am listening to the "B" set thought someone here might have a better solution.

Hosting Services by ipHouse