The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Friday February 18, 2005 at 16:18
oex
April 2004
Hoop,

I go into Tweeter, CC, BBY occassionally to see what the salesstaff is selling. I had been told on a few trips to Tweeter that the Yamaha RXV2400 was junk and I should buy the Denon. I have no problem saying the salesperson likes the Denon more but don't portray the Yamaha as being junk because of little or no spiff. In my experiences I would have rather heard them say they like the Denon better and given reasons. I personally don't sell Denon but never call it junk because its I do think its nice stuff.

I personally sell 1 brand of electronics. Small custom installers cant/shouldnt try to sell 5 different brands. I sell Yamaha and Audio Control for higher end applications. If a customer wants Marantz I offer my experiences on why my stuff is better and if they don't like it they can go hire a Marantz dealer.

This topic strikes a nerve with me too. I have had a few of my customers go into Tweeter specifically and been told Yamaha is junk and they should buy the Denon. It makes me look bad (worse than I already do) and confuses the consumer. Sales people should qualify the customer and sell gear that meets their needs . PERIOD. I can't tolerate sleazyness.
Diplomacy is the art of saying hire a pro without actually saying hire a pro

Hosting Services by ipHouse