The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Thursday February 17, 2005 at 19:05
hoop
Long Time Member
February 2005
Well, what's the difference when it comes down to bottom line. And yes you did strike a nerve, because I recommend gear for a customer's unique situation, not only for how much it might pay me at a particular moment.

If a company decides to spiff something, I'm not going to tell them to stop because it doesn't jive with someone's ethics, that's their perogative if they think it will help sell the product. But in my experience, the lines I carry are all pretty decent, minus some loss leader sony gear, so I don't feel like I would be recommending wrong gear in the first place. You said yourself denon or yamaha, I carry both of 'em. Is one worse than the other because I manufacturer decides to spiff somebody for selling it. I would say no.

And for everyone anyone who thinks salespeople look at how much a product pays them before they recommend it, you're crazy. Salespeople like that do not last long in this business. Good salespeople do it like they should. Listen to want the customer needs, ask questions that help narrow down the selection, then recommend the best gear for the situation. If it happens to pay less, then another piece of gear, so be it, let the chips fall where they may.
I never drive faster than I can see, and besides that, its all in the reflexes.

Hosting Services by ipHouse